Many people believe that speaker magnets should not come into contact with metal, as this can damage the magnet. However, there is no evidence to suggest that this is the case. In fact, speaker magnets are often made from metal, and so touching metal is not likely to cause any harm.
What Are the Consequences of a Speaker Magnet Touching Metal?
If a speaker magnet touches metal, it will create a magnetic field The magnet can cause the metal to become magnetized, which can then attract other metal objects and cause them to become stuck to the speaker. This could potentially damage the speaker and the objects that are stuck to it.
How Can You Avoid Damaging Your Speakers?
When it comes to speaker damage, there are two main types of damage that can occur: physical and magnetic. Physical damage is usually caused by something hitting or rubbing against the speaker, while magnetic damage is caused by metal coming into contact with the speaker’s magnet.
The best way to avoid damaging your speakers is to avoid physical and magnetic damage. Here are some tips on how to do that:
- Keep your speakers away from physical objects that could hit or rub against them. This includes things like furniture, walls, and pets.
- If you’re using your speakers in a car, be careful not to put them in a place where they could be hit by a door or a seat adjustment.
- Don’t put your speakers in a place where they could be exposed to strong magnets. This includes places like near an MRI machine or another strong magnet.
After much research, it seems that the jury is still out on whether or not it is bad for a speaker magnet to touch metal. While some experts say that it can cause the magnet to lose its magnetic properties over time, others say that it is perfectly fine. Ultimately, do your best to avoid your speaker magnet touching metal, but if it does there was likely no damage caused.